Monday, April 23, 2012

Mon. April 23 - Off Day and Milestone Hit

Today is going to be an off day from running, even though I took many of them last week. I ran a decently hard 10 miler yesterday and at this point in the game, there is no point in hurting myself by overdoing it with 13 days left till race day.

Plan for the week looks like this: Core, abs, pushups today. Easy six miles tomorrow. Easy speed day Wednesday on the track. Easy six miles Thursday. Easy four miles Friday. Off Saturday. Easy 8 miles Sunday.

Milestone Hit
I reached $1,500 in my fundraising for the Mario Lemieux Foundation last night with a donation from Kim Maxwell, who was the captain of the track and field team at Army when I was there. Thanks Kim! With 13 days left till the race, I am the third-highest fundraiser of all runners running for the foundation, and that is very humbling.

Thanks to everyone that has donated and made this such a life changing experience. There is still time to donate, so feel free to share the link below! Thanks again!

http://www.active.com/donate/mariolemieuxfdn/jonholtz







No comments:

Post a Comment