Monday, April 30, 2012

April 29 - Last longish run

I did a terrible job of posting last week. Things were crazy at work and I just didn't do it.

I ran 5 miles pretty hard Tuesday, then a simple speedworkout Wednesday that was a 2 mile warmup, 3x300-200-100 with 100 jog between... 400 job between each set and a mile cooldown after. It didn't feel nearly as easy as I hoped, but I guess that's good that I'm tapering for another week plus. I ran another moderate 5 miles Thursday and ended up taking Friday and Saturday off because I didn't have time Friday and was too wrapped up in Senior Day Saturday. All in all, probably a few miles shorter than where I should have been but trying to balance seeing everyone before they leave in a couple weeks and training like this has been really hard. Emotionally, I am really going to miss so many people graduating this year and I really just needed to be with a lot of those people last week. Hard work is already done and for the most part, I'm not going to get into any better shape than I am already. I wish I had another month of solid serious training under my legs, but we're going to attack the race next weekend and see what happens.

Sunday, I got a good eight miles in at 6:58 pace and I actually felt really good, considering the performance of the night before where I had a couple too many beers and not enough waters.

This week will be easy runs all week, 4-5 miles each day with a 6 miler on Wednesday. Probably 1-2 off days depending on feel, with an easy 3 miles Saturday before the race Sunday.

Game plan for this week: Be better about updating the running log.


No comments:

Post a Comment