Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Monday of Race Week

Weekly Mileage: 3 (1 day)

Workout
Easy 3 mile run
4x100m strides
Core

Breakdown
Going to string a few days of back to back runs together here, and since I went a decently paced 8 miles yesterday, going to just get an easy three mile in today. Felt a little tired and the legs are not at all where I hoped they would be. The weight isn't where I wanted it either. I have been eating more as the mileage went up and really didn't eat well with the taper the last two weeks, so it is looking like I will go into race day heavier than I hoped. I'm floating in the 167-168 range right now, which is still down nearly 40 pounds since Jan. 1, but I was hoping to dip below 165 for the race.

My left foot is bothering me. Every time I put pressure on my toes I feel something shift on the bottom of my foot. It doesn't really hurt, but it isn't comfortable. Not going to get it looked at until next week. I can deal with it through the race if something is really wrong.

Starting to feel a little sick too, which is crazy because I have managed to stay healthy all spring with the crazy weather and increased mileage. If this keeps up, expectations are going to have to go down for the race, which will really make me upset after how hard I worked the last three months. No matter what though, I am going to push hard that day and leave it all on the road.

Shoes
Asics Kayano 18

Next Up
Easy 4 tomorrow, 6 Wednesday, 4-5 Thursday, off Friday, easy 2-3 Saturday and race Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment