Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tuesday of Race Week

Weekly Mileage: 7 (2 days)

Workout
Easy 4 mile run
4x100m strides
Core

Breakdown
Really hot out today, especially compared to the last few weeks. I noticed the heat immediately. Felt alright for the four miler. Averaged around 7:05 pace. Slammed a Gatorade afterwards because I sweat A TON today.

Foot is still bothering me. My body feels weak right now. I definitely feel like I am getting sick. All of this things are really putting a damper on my mood heading into the race. I really felt like I was going to be ready to run fast Sunday, but at this rate I am not confident of hitting my pace goals at all.

I feel out of shape all of a sudden. Like I busted my ass for three months to find some running form, and I lost it all in two weeks. I know a taper is supposed to be good for you, but I have put weight back on, not run nearly as many miles and all in all just don't feel nearly as good. I don't like this.

Shoes
Asics Kayano 18

Next Up
Easy six miles tomorrow and I better feel really good doing it, because I am starting to get frustrated with myself.

Positive Note
As angry as I am with the way my training has gone the last two weeks and the way my body feels, the donations have climbed higher than I imagined. We're closing in on $1,600 for the Mario Lemieux Foundation, and that is just amazing. For my fundraising efforts, the foundation sent me an autographed Mario Lemieux jersey and giant poster, both with certificates of authenticity identifying the date and location the items were signed. That is unbelievable. One of the greatest hockey players of all time and one of my biggest sports idols ever. I was literally shaking when I opened the package.

I have to thank everyone that has got behind this over the last couple months. I was definitely not doing this for any prizes or any individual glory. I hope I don't let anyone down this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment