Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday of Race Week

Weekly Mileage: 13 (3 days)

Workout
6 mile run
4x100m strides
Core

Breakdown
Went out to Moraine State Park with Becky to get a run in. I ran the first 3.5 miles with her at around 7:45 pace or so and then picked it up to around 7:05 pace for the last 2.5 miles.

It was really hot. I have been slamming water, and I stopped sweating after like 4 miles, which is not good. Easily the hottest run of the year so far. I would be ok with the hot weather holding off another week, because if it is like this on race day, I will be in trouble. My body has always reacted poorly to heat, and its not any different now.

Overall, I felt pretty good today. Legs were alright and aerobically I am fit.

I am however, getting sick. I've been feeling a scratchy/sore throat coming all day and tonight, it is definitely noticeable. I am smashing vitamins, fluids and taking Airborne in desperate hopes of fighting the worst of this cold off until after Sunday, but if it keeps progressing it is going to make Sunday a really miserable experience. Fingers crossed, but I seem to have the worst luck so I guess I am not optimistic. Its unreal that with the weather going up and down all spring, I managed to stay in perfect health, and now just three or four days out from the biggest goal of my life in the last four years, and my body is considering shutting down.

I will fight through the race no matter what. There is nothing that will keep from the finish line Sunday, but I really wanted to run well, not just finish. I hope this is still possible and this cold goes away before Sunday.

Donations
Wow, donations are up to $1,640 and we are still third among all Mario Lemieux runners in the race, which is amazing. Donations will be accepted until the race at the same link: http://www.active.com/donate/mariolemieuxfdn/jonholtz

Thank you so much to everyone that has supported this. I will do my best on Sunday. Fingers crossed my body decides to be as strong as my mind that day!

Jersey
Almost forgot! No one would screen my jersey for me because I only wanted one done and heaven forbid they wouldn't make a huge profit off me, so I had to improvise. I got some paint and downloaded a stencil font, printed a stencil off and hand cut all the letters with an exacto knife (it was not fun). Then I rolled fabric paint over the stencil onto the jersey. End result is pretty good for being homemade I think! The front is below. There is a big 4 on the back, in honor of my girl Bri. #4swag





Next Up
Easy 4-5 miles tomorrow, off Friday, up early for an easy 2-3 miles Saturday then down to Pitt. Going to the Expo to get my packet and check out some running stuff, then dinner with Becky, Allie and their families and then crashing at Dave and Pat's house for the night. 4:30 wake up for breakfast and a 5:30 arrival at the parking lot before killing time till the start at 7:30.






No comments:

Post a Comment